RISKBOSS’ APPROACH TO WEBSITE PRIVACY
While it should go without saying that as a managed security provider your personal privacy is critically important to us. We have included on this page our policy on website privacy and details on how we manage any data we may collect on our website.
At Riskboss we have a few fundamental principles when it comes to privacy related to our website:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except in circumstances where we need to comply with the law or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our internet servers unless it’s required for the on-going operation of one of our services or in line which what we have already disclosed to you.
Our Contact Details
1033 Bay Street
Canada, M5S 3A5
Phone #: (416) 214-1717
If you have any questions about your information which we may have stored or suggestions about privacy or data protection, please feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Riskboss is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Riskboss reserves the sole and exclusive right to change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy was last updated on: March 28, 2020.
What Information We May Gather
Via forms available throughout our website we may request and collect the following personal information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address, telephone number, postal address, facsimile number
- Demographic information such as postal code, preferences and interests
- Property details including corporation name, address, size and type of property
- Personal resume related information as it relates to individual applicants for Riskboss job posting
- Other related information relevant to user surveys and/or special offer
Please note that we define “personal information” to be that information which personally identifies you, such as your name, email address or billing information, or other data which can be reasonably linked to such information.
Additionally, when you access Riskboss’s websites, your Internet browser automatically transmits the following technical data which we may record and/or have gathered on our behalf by third parties (such as Google Analytics) and may subsequently be stored for future analysis:
- Date and time of website visit
- Pages visited including time spent on each page
- Browser type and version
- Type of computer operating system used (eg: Windows, MAC)
- Screen colours and resolution
- Flash version
- URL of previously-visited websites
- Volume of data sent
- Referring site statistics
- Network location and IP address (which may include country, city, state, region, county, other geographic data, hostname, internet connection speed)
This data is primarily used to optimize our website for our visitors, however we will use this data for marketing purposes.
What We Do With the Information We May Gather
Riskboss requires this information in order to understand our clients needs and to provide our clients with a better services, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about research, new services, special offers or other information which we think you may find worthwhile using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may also use the information to customize our website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to our clients needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Business and/or Asset Transfers
If Riskboss, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Riskboss goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Riskboss may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we have no control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at the coordinates noted above
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We reserve the right to use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.